Working with children toddlers to teens in person
This course is designed to prepare the therapist for the wide spectrum of clinical presentations that can come into the clinic when treating children ranging from toddlers to teenagers. There will be a practical delivery of how to treat a variety of Paediatric conditions, and give a deeper understanding of the different developmental stages from infant to adolescent.Sadly there is a distinctive rise in ASD, ADHD, SPD, anxiety and depression, in children. With this training we will expand our clinical capacity to engage successfully with the different needs and challenges of some particular conditions, and how to deliver BCST with a more rounded and wholistic approach. Being able to relate to a child’s sense of safety through pacing and establishing a relationship, are imperative for a successful clinical interaction. Often when working with the family unit, we are aware of the many different dynamics that can be interplaying between its members.
This training is aimed at expanding your capacity to hold the field that encompasses the inter-relationships, and to meet the child where they are most receptive. We will advance our skills to be present for the intricate therapeutic needs that are unique to child or adolescent, compared to adults. The course will include experiential components such as demonstrations and videos of live clinical sessions with children and their families.
- Supporting the family unit
- The Anatomical changes of the growing child, postural and orthopaedic issues
- Anxiety and Depression in children – Living in a Modern world
- Sensory Processing and Integration
- Supporting Brilliance through behavioural and learning differences.
- Looking at the “A” epidemics ; ADHD, Autism, Asthma, Allergies
- The relationships between Immunity, emotional health, and gut
- Teenagers and life transition
- Ethical considerations and scope of practice