An advanced diploma in craniosacral practice is being offered by Body Intelligence Training under its membership of The International Affiliation of Biodynamic Trainings (IABT). This Advanced Biodynamic Diploma is awarded to those who undertake certain requirements of continuing professional development, and the designated letters ABD will be given. The IABT is a co-operative body of like-minded schools around the world who teach a biodynamic approach to craniosacral therapy. However, please note that the IABT is not a regulatory body nor an accrediting organisation, it is simply an affiliation of schools who follow a similar teaching curriculum and ethos, so it is not designed to replace local accrediting bodies such as the Craniosacral Therapy Association UK. the Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy Association of North America, or the Pacific Association of Craniosacral Therapists.
The Advanced Biodynamic Diploma reflects an additional 300 hours of study and clinical experience beyond the 700-hour foundation courses run by IABT member schools. The 300 post-graduate hours may consist of attendance of special-topic seminars, completing a research project, thesis or similar academic publication or assisting in a foundation training. Only practitioners who have the BCST diploma are eligible for ABD status.
Completion of the following criteria leads to the ABD award through Body Intelligence Training:
* Completion of a minimum of 30 credits of attendance of eligible continuing professional development courses at any school affiliated to IABT. Each day of attendance counts as one credit.
* In addition, one of the following three requirements must also be completed:
1) a minimum 10,000 word thesis or publication on some aspect of biodynamic craniosacral practice. A clear outline of the content, aims and objectives of such a thesis or publication must be submitted for approval in advance.
2) a supervised research project on some aspect of biodynamic craniosacral practice. A clear outline of the content, aims and objectives of such a research project must be submitted for approval in advance. Also, the research project must be completed under the supervision and guidance of an accredited educational establishment or equivalent.
3) assisting/teaching on a full foundation training or equivalent series of continuing professional development courses organised by Body Intelligence Training.
Please note that a fee of C$250 (or equivalent) will be due for review of a thesis/publication or research project.
Upon successful completion, an advanced diploma will be issued by Body Intelligence Training and your entry on the IABT register will designate ABD next to your name.